Chavez Nixes Cyndi Lauper Concert Because She's Pro-Gay
December 02 2008 1:00 AM ET
Cyndi Lauper was
supposed to conclude her world tour over the weekend
with a concert in Caracas, Venezuela -- but according to PerezHilton.com and a
blog posting on one of her fan sites, the concert was
canceled because of her support of gay rights.
According to the
posting, Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez canceled the
concert because he “had fear of political
protests.” He also allegedly opposed
Lauper’s endorsement of President-elect Barack Obama
and her outspoken support of gay rights.
expected to comment on the canceled concert in a blog
posting on her official website, www.CyndiLauper.com.
Lauper was touring in support of her latest album,
Bring Ya to the Brink.
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Television Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay 7 min 11 sec ago
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 56 min 29 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 1 hour 28 min ago
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 1 hour 33 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 2 hours 34 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 2 hours 48 min ago
- Theater Book of Mormon Finally Headed to Utah 10:43 AM