Chavez Nixes Cyndi Lauper Concert Because She's Pro-Gay
December 02 2008 12:00 AM ET
Cyndi Lauper was
supposed to conclude her world tour over the weekend
with a concert in Caracas, Venezuela -- but according to PerezHilton.com and a
blog posting on one of her fan sites, the concert was
canceled because of her support of gay rights.
According to the
posting, Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez canceled the
concert because he “had fear of political
protests.” He also allegedly opposed
Lauper’s endorsement of President-elect Barack Obama
and her outspoken support of gay rights.
expected to comment on the canceled concert in a blog
posting on her official website, www.CyndiLauper.com.
Lauper was touring in support of her latest album,
Bring Ya to the Brink.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- Madonna's 12 Studio Albums Ranked
- Mormon Missionary Positions