Chavez Nixes Cyndi Lauper Concert Because She's Pro-Gay
December 02 2008 1:00 AM ET
Cyndi Lauper was
supposed to conclude her world tour over the weekend
with a concert in Caracas, Venezuela -- but according to PerezHilton.com and a
blog posting on one of her fan sites, the concert was
canceled because of her support of gay rights.
According to the
posting, Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez canceled the
concert because he “had fear of political
protests.” He also allegedly opposed
Lauper’s endorsement of President-elect Barack Obama
and her outspoken support of gay rights.
expected to comment on the canceled concert in a blog
posting on her official website, www.CyndiLauper.com.
Lauper was touring in support of her latest album,
Bring Ya to the Brink.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 1 hour 15 min ago
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 1 hour 56 min ago
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 1 hour 58 min ago
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 1 hour 59 min ago
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 2 hours 8 min ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 2 hours 18 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 2 hours 27 min ago