BY Julie Bolcer
August 25 2009 1:45 PM ET
Signature check continues in Washington: State election officials say they have examined more than 100,000 signatures for Referendum 71, the attempt to overturn the new domestic-partnership law.
"We're not broken": A growing movement of asexuals seeks to decrease misunderstandings about their sexuality.
Maryland should be a leader on marriage equality: A Baltimore Sun columnist explores the reasons for delay in recognizing same-sex marriage in the East Coast state with a progressive reputation.
Race not the issue, says Paterson: The New York governor, under fire for his suggestions last week that his race motivates his critics, moved to distance himself from the assertions on Tuesday.
Discipline them: Some members of the Anoka-Hennepin school district want to see stronger punishments for two teachers who taunted a student with antigay slurs in the classroom.
Routine circumcision? Public health officials are reportedly considering the promotion of routine circumcision for all baby boys born in the United States in an effort to prevent the spread of HIV.
Higher and higher: The Congressional Budget Office and the White House said that the federal deficit would grow to $1.6 trillion this year, raising debt to levels -- adjusted for inflation -- last seen at the end of World War II.
Gay man found guilty in drunken attack on transgender Vietnam veteran: Richard Ray Young was convicted in the assault of Janey Kay at a Tucson dog-racing track.
Swine flu panic: A report from the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology warned that the H1N1 flu virus could cause 90,000 deaths this season.
- Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts New Anthem Supporting LGBT Russians
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 52 min 36 sec ago
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson December 12 2013 6:03 PM