BY Advocate.com Editors
August 31 2009 3:00 PM ET
As anticipation builds for the September 9 premiere of out creator Ryan Murphy's spirited new musical comedy series Glee, an official soundtrack recording has been announced.
Columbia Records will team with Twentieth Television to release Glee: the Music, Volume 1 on November 3. The release comes on the heels of the cast's cover of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'," which hit number 1 on the iTunes chart after its use in the show's pilot, which was previewed on May 19 after an episode of American Idol.
The soundtrack will feature 17 tracks recorded by the cast, including Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline," Queen’s "Somebody to Love," and Kanye West’s "Gold Digger."
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'