BY Julie Bolcer
October 05 2009 9:00 AM ET
Pop star Lady Gaga announced over the weekend that she would attend the
National Equality March in Washington, D.C., telling a crowd in New
York City that the event is “not a fucking joke.”
Lady Gaga delivered her rallying cry at a late-night fund-raiser for the National Equality March, according to the blog Towleroad. She spoke after her appearance on Saturday Night Live, during which she performed two songs and staged a mock catfight with Madonna.
Perhaps the hair pulling between the divas accounted for her slight mislabeling of the march scheduled for this Sunday.
“Next week is the gay pride march, and I know that I’m going to be there marching with all of you,” said the leather- and vinyl-clad Gaga.
"I really believe in this cause, and as a woman in pop music I think that this is really an important weekend, and it's not a fucking joke,” said Gaga. “So get your asses to D.C. and wear something fabulous, and I'll see you guys there."
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word