BY Julie Bolcer
October 09 2009 11:50 AM ET
Daily Show host Jon Stewart tackles the familiar refrain about President Barack Obama having a full plate, advising him through metaphors to get a larger plate -- and start chowing down -- in order to finish the side dish of “don’t ask, don’t tell.”
“I know that you have a lot on your desk plate,” said Stewart, “but as a thin man who smokes you may not understand the concept. All that stuff you’ve been putting on your plate, it’s f---ing chow time, brother. That’s how you get things off of your plate.”
He added that in the smorgasbord of problems facing Obama, who as a candidate promised to end the military’s ban on gays and lesbians serving openly, the caloric impact of devouring the policy could be compared to “maybe a little bit of rice pudding right on the side.”
“You’re the president of America; when your plate gets too full, you get up and get a bigger plate, mister,” said Stewart.
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c|
|The Gay After Tomorrow|
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- President Obama Has Not Called for LGBT National Holiday