BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2009 3:00 PM ET
Want to have sex with David Beckham? Now, thanks to a new collection of condoms going on sale at the Thyssen-Bornemisza museum in Madrid, you can.
An image of Beckham sleeping is one of many appearing on condom packaging at the museum’s gift shop in conjunction with the "Tears of Eros" exhibit later this month. The image is taken from Sam Taylor-Wood's video of a sleeping David, which was first shown at London's National Portrait Gallery.
A photo of actress Nastassja Kinski is also set to adorn condom wrappers. Works by Rodin, Rubens, Maillais, and Bernini may also be displayed on the condom packets.
"I don't see why anyone should be scandalized," Baroness Thyssen, a former Spanish beauty queen whose art-collector husband founded the museum, told journalists last week. "It is a way of bringing art and responsibility together."
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- Op-ed: The High Stakes of Bad History
- Op-ed: Moss Hart and Posthumous Closeting
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Highlights 'Confusion' in U.S. on LGBT Issues
- Cardinal: 'Wrong' for Gay Catholics to March During Pride
- Poll Shows Strong Republican Opposition to Marriage Equality