BY Advocate.com Editors
December 18 2009 12:45 PM ET
Washington, D.C., mayor Adrian Fenty signed the marriage equality bill into law Friday morning at the All Souls Church at a special ceremony.
The bill was passed earlier this week with Fenty's support in an 11-2 vote by the city council. After Fenty signs the bill, it will be transmitted to Congress for a 30-day review period.
D.C. is expected to be able to start marrying same-sex couples in early 2010.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- MSNBC Shake-Up Means Big Role for Thomas Roberts
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media