BY Advocate.com Editors
January 06 2010 2:35 AM ET
During his opening monologue on Tuesday night, Late Show host David Letterman made mention of Obama appointee Amanda Simpson, the first trans woman to receive a presidential appointment.
But midway through his shtick and after he shows a picture of Simpson, a staffer cries out, “Amanda? Amanda used to be a dude? Oh, my God,” before running screaming from the set.
JoeMyGod first posted the clip, writing, “I've been a fan of David Letterman for decades and was reasonably impressed with his handling of his recent adultery scandal. But this insulting bit of anti-trans middle school assclownery is really fucking disappointing.”
Watch the video here.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Martina Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 1 hour 24 min ago
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM