BY Julie Bolcer
January 20 2010 10:50 AM ET
A Christian pastor in Texas is calling for an economic boycott of Houston because of the election of gay mayor Annise Parker (pictured) and the city’s plan to build one of the nation's largest Planned Parenthood facilities.
According to the Houston Press, Amarillo-based pastor David Grisham launched the boycott recently to provide a way for Texans to “take a stand for righteousness in the city of Houston."
"This is not about the mayor personally," said Grisham, according to the Press. "It's not about personality, it's about principle. The election of an [openly] homosexual person to a major public office brings with it a radical homosexual agenda. That in and of itself makes a statement,” he said.
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other 1 hour 38 min ago
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 2 hours 13 min ago
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs 2 hours 16 min ago
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame 2 hours 42 min ago
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 6:20 PM
- Politicians President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech 4:59 PM
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 3:42 PM