BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2010 3:30 PM ET
Angelina Mavilia, a New York-based transgender woman, has filed a $10 million lawsuit against NFL player Eric Green alleging that he raped her, reports New York Daily News.
Mavilia met Green at a casino in Scottsdale, Ariz. in early 2009 while Green still played for the Arizona Cardinals. Mavilia alleges that the two went to Green’s condo, where he sexually assaulted her, then warned her, “This never happened. You better not tell.”
Mavilia has also filed a separate lawsuit against the city of New York, claiming she was dehumanized by a female cop after being arrested for trespassing in a Manhattan housing complex on Oct. 30, 2008.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good As Dead, Say Advocates
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 11 min 47 sec ago
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 28 min 7 sec ago
- Love and Sex Dear Digital Romeo: How Do I Seduce a Guy Through Chat? 51 min 4 sec ago
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 1 hour 41 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 2 hours 24 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 2 hours 37 min ago
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 2 hours 51 min ago