BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2010 3:30 PM ET
Angelina Mavilia, a New York-based transgender woman, has filed a $10 million lawsuit against NFL player Eric Green alleging that he raped her, reports New York Daily News.
Mavilia met Green at a casino in Scottsdale, Ariz. in early 2009 while Green still played for the Arizona Cardinals. Mavilia alleges that the two went to Green’s condo, where he sexually assaulted her, then warned her, “This never happened. You better not tell.”
Mavilia has also filed a separate lawsuit against the city of New York, claiming she was dehumanized by a female cop after being arrested for trespassing in a Manhattan housing complex on Oct. 30, 2008.
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- WATCH: Gay Marine Proposes to Boyfriend
- WATCH: Trans Woman Attacked in Hollywood Hate Crime Speaks Out, Cops Offer Reward
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Florida Group Aims to Build Marriage Equality Support 44 min 32 sec ago
- Women WATCH: The L Word's Kate Moennig in Ray Donovan Series Premiere 47 min 56 sec ago
- Crime Man Pleads Not Guilty to West Village Murder 56 min 29 sec ago
- Crime WATCH: Trans Woman Attacked in Hollywood Hate Crime Speaks Out 1 hour 10 min ago
- Politics This Man Wants to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu' 1 hour 25 min ago
- Music WATCH: 'Guess What?' Cazwell's New Video Is Hot! 1 hour 32 min ago
- Entertainment News Watch: Fox News' Most Anti-Trans Comments 1 hour 32 min ago