BY Advocate.com Editors
March 06 2010 3:40 PM ET
Traditional Values Coalition executive director Andrea Lafferty has issued a call to action to members of the antigay group, urging supporters to help defend "the military from the gay agenda.”
In a letter on the group’s website, Lafferty urges members to donate as much as they can afford, writing, “We cannot permit a one-term trainee President to destroy our Armed Forces.” The letter is accompanied by a photo of a man dressed in a military uniform with a rainbow-colored scarf around his neck.
She continues, “When I was sitting in that hearing room listening to Senator Levin and other pompous liberals blather on about the importance of gays and lesbians serving openly in the military, I felt sick to my stomach. But, I was also filled with anger that some Members of Congress would be so willing to undermine our military in order to cater to a small minority of individuals who love to engage in bizarre sex acts.”
Read Lafferty’s full letter here.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 1 hour 10 min ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 1 hour 44 min ago
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 1 hour 44 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 1 hour 44 min ago
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM