Tea Partyers: Gays Too Powerful
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 06 2010 2:05 PM ET
A University of Washington poll finds the majority of Tea Party
gays and lesbians have become too powerful.
Fifty-two percent of respondents to the poll of “true” Tea Party supporters said that “compared to the size of their group, lesbians and gays have too much political power.”
Just 18% of people who responded to the poll support marriage equality, while 88% support Arizona's immigration law.
Almost half of the respondents believe “if blacks would only try harder, they would be just as well off as whites.”
The director of the poll, University of Washington professor Matt Barreto, said based on the results, the Tea Party's frustration with Washington “is going hand in hand with a frustration and opposition to racial and ethnic minorities and gays and lesbians.”
Read the results of the poll here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies 2 hours 55 min ago
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM