Texas GOP: Performing Gay Ceremonies Should Be Felony
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 19 2010 4:15 PM ET
Most would not expect the Texas GOP platform to be liberal, but many might be surprised that their agenda includes charging people who perform same-sex marriage ceremonies with a felony.
The Republican Party of the Lone Star State has released its platform, and it takes a hard line on illegal immigrants, gay people, and abortion. Aside from making the officiating of gay ceremonies a serious crime, Texas Republicans hope to repeal the health care bill, make English the official language of the United States, urge the state legislature to require voter identification (ostensibly at polls), ban stem-cell research, and require sonograms for women seeking abortions.
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either