Texas GOP: Performing Gay Ceremonies Should Be Felony
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 19 2010 4:15 PM ET
Most would not expect the Texas GOP platform to be liberal, but many might be surprised that their agenda includes charging people who perform same-sex marriage ceremonies with a felony.
The Republican Party of the Lone Star State has released its platform, and it takes a hard line on illegal immigrants, gay people, and abortion. Aside from making the officiating of gay ceremonies a serious crime, Texas Republicans hope to repeal the health care bill, make English the official language of the United States, urge the state legislature to require voter identification (ostensibly at polls), ban stem-cell research, and require sonograms for women seeking abortions.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass-Wedding First in Maryland 43 min 5 sec ago
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 1 hour 1 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 1 hour 7 min ago
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 1 hour 23 min ago
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 1 hour 34 min ago
- Sports National Gay & Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame’s First Class Announced 2 hours 1 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Did Chris Colfer Get Arrested? 2 hours 7 min ago