Texas GOP: Performing Gay Ceremonies Should Be Felony
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 19 2010 4:15 PM ET
Most would not expect the Texas GOP platform to be liberal, but many might be surprised that their agenda includes charging people who perform same-sex marriage ceremonies with a felony.
The Republican Party of the Lone Star State has released its platform, and it takes a hard line on illegal immigrants, gay people, and abortion. Aside from making the officiating of gay ceremonies a serious crime, Texas Republicans hope to repeal the health care bill, make English the official language of the United States, urge the state legislature to require voter identification (ostensibly at polls), ban stem-cell research, and require sonograms for women seeking abortions.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- What Book Changed the Lives of Our '40 Under 40'?