Drag Queen Arrested for Biting Off Model’s Ear
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 10 2010 6:15 PM ET
A New York drag queen well known on the club scene was arrested Sunday for attacking another patron at Manhattan gay club High Bar and allegedly biting off a chunk of his ear.
Jane Lane (real name: James Leahy) was arrested Sunday and arraigned Tuesday afternoon on two counts of first-degree assault "with intent to disfigure another person seriously and permanently.” He was later released on his own recognizance.
The alleged victim, male model Ronnie Brown, told Gawker in an e-mail that the two started fighting because Leahy had been spreading lies about him.
Brown wrote, “In the process of speaking with my ex and Jane it became clear Jane didn't want to speak about the situation or admit that he lied. So I looked at him and said I was done speaking with him and turn to finish speaking with my ex.
“While I'm speaking to my ex, Jane starts saying obscene things to me. I told him he was a liar and he then threw a glass in my face leaving me scarred on my right side. Then the confrontation started. We were on the floor and I saw him go for my ear where my earring was but didn't think twice about it until he pulled away with blood in his mouth and someone said my ear was bleeding.”
Leahy is due back in court for his next hearing in November.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'
- South Dakota AG: Clerks Can Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed