Glenn Beck: Marriage Equality Not a Threat
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 12 2010 10:05 AM ET
Glenn Beck spoke with his Fox News colleague Bill O’Reilly about his reluctance to make noise around same-sex marriage. Beck said he does not think marriage equality is a threat to the country.
According to The Huffington Post, Beck said, "Honestly, I think we have bigger fish to fry. You can argue about abortion or gay marriage or whatever all you want. The country is burning down...I don't think marriage, that the government actually has anything to do with...that is a religious right."
O’Reilly asked, "Do you believe gay marriage is a threat to the country in any way?"
Beck replied, "A threat to the country? No, I don't. Will the gays come and get us?"
Then Beck quoted Thomas Jefferson, according to The Huffington Post.
Watch the conversation.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- These Are the U.S. Trans Women Killed in 2015
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet