Glenn Beck: Marriage Equality Not a Threat
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 12 2010 10:05 AM ET
Glenn Beck spoke with his Fox News colleague Bill O’Reilly about his reluctance to make noise around same-sex marriage. Beck said he does not think marriage equality is a threat to the country.
According to The Huffington Post, Beck said, "Honestly, I think we have bigger fish to fry. You can argue about abortion or gay marriage or whatever all you want. The country is burning down...I don't think marriage, that the government actually has anything to do with...that is a religious right."
O’Reilly asked, "Do you believe gay marriage is a threat to the country in any way?"
Beck replied, "A threat to the country? No, I don't. Will the gays come and get us?"
Then Beck quoted Thomas Jefferson, according to The Huffington Post.
Watch the conversation.
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Reports: Dallas Cowboys Eye Michael Sam for Practice Squad
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia