Glenn Beck: Marriage Equality Not a Threat
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 12 2010 9:05 AM ET
Glenn Beck spoke with his Fox News colleague Bill O’Reilly about his reluctance to make noise around same-sex marriage. Beck said he does not think marriage equality is a threat to the country.
According to The Huffington Post, Beck said, "Honestly, I think we have bigger fish to fry. You can argue about abortion or gay marriage or whatever all you want. The country is burning down...I don't think marriage, that the government actually has anything to do with...that is a religious right."
O’Reilly asked, "Do you believe gay marriage is a threat to the country in any way?"
Beck replied, "A threat to the country? No, I don't. Will the gays come and get us?"
Then Beck quoted Thomas Jefferson, according to The Huffington Post.
Watch the conversation.
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular 45 min 2 sec ago
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 1 hour 36 min ago
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 1 hour 44 min ago
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 2 hours 24 min ago
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 5:38 PM