Glenn Beck: Marriage Equality Not a Threat
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 12 2010 10:05 AM ET
Glenn Beck spoke with his Fox News colleague Bill O’Reilly about his reluctance to make noise around same-sex marriage. Beck said he does not think marriage equality is a threat to the country.
According to The Huffington Post, Beck said, "Honestly, I think we have bigger fish to fry. You can argue about abortion or gay marriage or whatever all you want. The country is burning down...I don't think marriage, that the government actually has anything to do with...that is a religious right."
O’Reilly asked, "Do you believe gay marriage is a threat to the country in any way?"
Beck replied, "A threat to the country? No, I don't. Will the gays come and get us?"
Then Beck quoted Thomas Jefferson, according to The Huffington Post.
Watch the conversation.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music EXCLUSIVE: Audra McDonald's 'Some Days' 1 hour 29 min ago
- Travel A Handy, Color-Coded Map to Gay Europe 1 hour 43 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM