Glenn Beck: Marriage Equality Not a Threat
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 12 2010 10:05 AM ET
Glenn Beck spoke with his Fox News colleague Bill O’Reilly about his reluctance to make noise around same-sex marriage. Beck said he does not think marriage equality is a threat to the country.
According to The Huffington Post, Beck said, "Honestly, I think we have bigger fish to fry. You can argue about abortion or gay marriage or whatever all you want. The country is burning down...I don't think marriage, that the government actually has anything to do with...that is a religious right."
O’Reilly asked, "Do you believe gay marriage is a threat to the country in any way?"
Beck replied, "A threat to the country? No, I don't. Will the gays come and get us?"
Then Beck quoted Thomas Jefferson, according to The Huffington Post.
Watch the conversation.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida