Glenn Beck: Marriage Equality Not a Threat
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 12 2010 10:05 AM ET
Glenn Beck spoke with his Fox News colleague Bill O’Reilly about his reluctance to make noise around same-sex marriage. Beck said he does not think marriage equality is a threat to the country.
According to The Huffington Post, Beck said, "Honestly, I think we have bigger fish to fry. You can argue about abortion or gay marriage or whatever all you want. The country is burning down...I don't think marriage, that the government actually has anything to do with...that is a religious right."
O’Reilly asked, "Do you believe gay marriage is a threat to the country in any way?"
Beck replied, "A threat to the country? No, I don't. Will the gays come and get us?"
Then Beck quoted Thomas Jefferson, according to The Huffington Post.
Watch the conversation.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- WATCH: Gays Want Everyone to Join Them in Hell, Says Colo. GOP Candidate