Argentine Dies after Wedding
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 13 2010 11:45 PM ET
One of the first gay men to marry under Argentina’s new marriage equality law has died after falling ill at his wedding party, Bloomberg reports.
Nestor Berchot, 45, died early Friday morning after he and his husband, Gustavo Garcia, became the first gay couple to get married in the city of Mar del Plata. Berchot died after fainting during his wedding reception because of high blood pressure, according to the Buenos Aires newspaper Clarin.
Argentina last month became the first Latin America country to legalize marriage equality.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge