Argentine Dies after Wedding
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 13 2010 10:45 PM ET
One of the first gay men to marry under Argentina’s new marriage equality law has died after falling ill at his wedding party, Bloomberg reports.
Nestor Berchot, 45, died early Friday morning after he and his husband, Gustavo Garcia, became the first gay couple to get married in the city of Mar del Plata. Berchot died after fainting during his wedding reception because of high blood pressure, according to the Buenos Aires newspaper Clarin.
Argentina last month became the first Latin America country to legalize marriage equality.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6