Argentine Dies after Wedding
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 13 2010 10:45 PM ET
One of the first gay men to marry under Argentina’s new marriage equality law has died after falling ill at his wedding party, Bloomberg reports.
Nestor Berchot, 45, died early Friday morning after he and his husband, Gustavo Garcia, became the first gay couple to get married in the city of Mar del Plata. Berchot died after fainting during his wedding reception because of high blood pressure, according to the Buenos Aires newspaper Clarin.
Argentina last month became the first Latin America country to legalize marriage equality.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 2 hours 8 min ago
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 2 hours 52 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM