Get Married at the Village
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 15 2010 9:50 AM ET
Anticipating that gay couples in California will again be able to wed after 5 p.m., Wednesday (barring a stay from the court), the L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center is offering a free place for the ceremony.
On Thursday, August 19, the Center’s Village at Ed Gould Plaza will offer couples everything they need for their ceremony—for free—including a certified officiant, witnesses, flowers, champagne, wedding cake, and digital photos. Couples just need to provide a marriage license.
The Center will be holding three ceremonies every half hour and you can sign up for one of those slots here. You can also find links here for a list of locations to get a marriage license.
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen 48 min 25 sec ago
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 2 hours 11 min ago
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 2 hours 27 min ago
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 2 hours 43 min ago
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 5:55 PM