Get Married at the Village
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 15 2010 9:50 AM ET
Anticipating that gay couples in California will again be able to wed after 5 p.m., Wednesday (barring a stay from the court), the L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center is offering a free place for the ceremony.
On Thursday, August 19, the Center’s Village at Ed Gould Plaza will offer couples everything they need for their ceremony—for free—including a certified officiant, witnesses, flowers, champagne, wedding cake, and digital photos. Couples just need to provide a marriage license.
The Center will be holding three ceremonies every half hour and you can sign up for one of those slots here. You can also find links here for a list of locations to get a marriage license.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue The South's Longer Wait for Equality 1 hour 13 min ago
- Current Issue Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You 1 hour 13 min ago
- Current Issue The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue 1 hour 13 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM