Get Married at the Village
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 15 2010 8:50 AM ET
Anticipating that gay couples in California will again be able to wed after 5 p.m., Wednesday (barring a stay from the court), the L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center is offering a free place for the ceremony.
On Thursday, August 19, the Center’s Village at Ed Gould Plaza will offer couples everything they need for their ceremony—for free—including a certified officiant, witnesses, flowers, champagne, wedding cake, and digital photos. Couples just need to provide a marriage license.
The Center will be holding three ceremonies every half hour and you can sign up for one of those slots here. You can also find links here for a list of locations to get a marriage license.
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 7:00 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM