's Gay Couple Will Kiss
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 23 2010 4:50 PM ET
For months, fans of TV’s Modern Family have been campaigning for a kiss between new dads Cam and Mitchell.
Well, the wait is almost over. Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Mitchell, pictured left) told E! Online’s Mark Malkin to expect an episode about Mitchell’s fear of PDA’s early in the show’s second season.
"Don't expect a Gone With the Wind type of thing happening, I know the fans would like that. We're doing an episode about Mitchell's fear of PDA, so it's not the kiss episode per se, but yeah. It's going to be a really poignant, beautiful thing but less of an ordeal than people think it is."
Last year, fans of the show launched a Facebook campaign in an effort to see Mitchell and Cam kiss. Producers of the show asked fans to be patient and assured that when the couple finally did kiss, it would be a major part of the plot.
Weeks later, Glee creator Ryan Murphy slammed the show for not allowing its gay couple to show affection.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays