's Gay Couple Will Kiss
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 23 2010 4:50 PM ET
For months, fans of TV’s Modern Family have been campaigning for a kiss between new dads Cam and Mitchell.
Well, the wait is almost over. Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Mitchell, pictured left) told E! Online’s Mark Malkin to expect an episode about Mitchell’s fear of PDA’s early in the show’s second season.
"Don't expect a Gone With the Wind type of thing happening, I know the fans would like that. We're doing an episode about Mitchell's fear of PDA, so it's not the kiss episode per se, but yeah. It's going to be a really poignant, beautiful thing but less of an ordeal than people think it is."
Last year, fans of the show launched a Facebook campaign in an effort to see Mitchell and Cam kiss. Producers of the show asked fans to be patient and assured that when the couple finally did kiss, it would be a major part of the plot.
Weeks later, Glee creator Ryan Murphy slammed the show for not allowing its gay couple to show affection.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House