's Gay Couple Will Kiss
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 23 2010 4:50 PM ET
For months, fans of TV’s Modern Family have been campaigning for a kiss between new dads Cam and Mitchell.
Well, the wait is almost over. Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Mitchell, pictured left) told E! Online’s Mark Malkin to expect an episode about Mitchell’s fear of PDA’s early in the show’s second season.
"Don't expect a Gone With the Wind type of thing happening, I know the fans would like that. We're doing an episode about Mitchell's fear of PDA, so it's not the kiss episode per se, but yeah. It's going to be a really poignant, beautiful thing but less of an ordeal than people think it is."
Last year, fans of the show launched a Facebook campaign in an effort to see Mitchell and Cam kiss. Producers of the show asked fans to be patient and assured that when the couple finally did kiss, it would be a major part of the plot.
Weeks later, Glee creator Ryan Murphy slammed the show for not allowing its gay couple to show affection.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 37 min 41 sec ago
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 39 min 42 sec ago
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 40 min 11 sec ago
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 49 min 11 sec ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 59 min 2 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 1 hour 8 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Bus—Again 1 hour 56 min ago