Mormons Sued for Proxy Baptism Injury
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 28 2010 9:55 AM ET
A man who claims he injured his back while performing baptisms for the dead is suing the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
According to the The Salt Lake Tribune, Daniel Dastrup of Las Vegas wants to cover medical expenses stemming from a 2007 injury received in North Carolina.
“In a civil suit filed in 3rd District Court on Wednesday, Daniel Dastrup claims he suffered a severe herniated disk in his lumbar spine after performing about 200 baptisms on Aug. 25, 2007,” reports the Tribune. The then 25-year-old claims some of the young men and women he completely immersed in water in the name of the dead weighed as much as 250 pounds.”
Dastrup claims that an officiator denied his request to be relieved.
- BREAKING: Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Giants Pitcher Jeremy Affeldt Shares His Evolution on Homophobia
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth BREAKING: Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth 15 min 15 sec ago
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva 22 min 27 sec ago
- Entertainment News Debbie Reynolds: 'We All Knew He Was Gay' 46 min 53 sec ago
- World News Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship 1 hour 1 min ago
- The Wedding Channel WATCH: Flash Mob Gay Marriage Proposal in Central Park 1 hour 12 min ago
- Women Cannes is Abuzz About Blue is the Warmest Color's Explicit Lesbian Sex Scenes 1 hour 34 min ago
- Sports Giants Pitcher Jeremy Affeldt Shares His Evolution on Homophobia 2 hours 1 min ago