Mormons Sued for Proxy Baptism Injury
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 28 2010 9:55 AM ET
A man who claims he injured his back while performing baptisms for the dead is suing the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
According to the The Salt Lake Tribune, Daniel Dastrup of Las Vegas wants to cover medical expenses stemming from a 2007 injury received in North Carolina.
“In a civil suit filed in 3rd District Court on Wednesday, Daniel Dastrup claims he suffered a severe herniated disk in his lumbar spine after performing about 200 baptisms on Aug. 25, 2007,” reports the Tribune. The then 25-year-old claims some of the young men and women he completely immersed in water in the name of the dead weighed as much as 250 pounds.”
Dastrup claims that an officiator denied his request to be relieved.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- The World's Most Famous Trans Model Sits Down With Vogue
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Mexico's Supreme Court Strikes Down Marriage Ban in Western State