Mormons Sued for Proxy Baptism Injury
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 28 2010 9:55 AM ET
A man who claims he injured his back while performing baptisms for the dead is suing the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
According to the The Salt Lake Tribune, Daniel Dastrup of Las Vegas wants to cover medical expenses stemming from a 2007 injury received in North Carolina.
“In a civil suit filed in 3rd District Court on Wednesday, Daniel Dastrup claims he suffered a severe herniated disk in his lumbar spine after performing about 200 baptisms on Aug. 25, 2007,” reports the Tribune. The then 25-year-old claims some of the young men and women he completely immersed in water in the name of the dead weighed as much as 250 pounds.”
Dastrup claims that an officiator denied his request to be relieved.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 2 min 41 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Australia's Sexy New Lesbian Web Series Starting From ... Now! 56 min ago
- Television 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever 1 hour 37 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris 1 hour 42 min ago
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 2:57 PM
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 2:18 PM
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court UPDATED: 2:12 PM