Obama Appoints Kolbe to Trade Group
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 16 2010 7:10 PM ET
Former congressman Jim Kolbe was appointed by President Barack Obama Wednesday to join the Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations.
Kolbe is currently the senior transatlantic fellow at the German Marshall Fund, an adjunct professor in the College of Business at the University of Arizona, and a consultant with McLarty Associates. Kolbe represented Arizona from 1985 to 2007. In 1996 he famously came out after voting in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act, which bans the federal government from recognizing the state-sanctioned marriages or partnerships of gay and lesbian couples.
Kolbe will be joined on the committee by cosmetic guru Bobbi Brown and New Jersey governor Chris Christie.
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Deaf Meets LGBT in New Romantic Series
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball