Obama Appoints Kolbe to Trade Group
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 16 2010 7:10 PM ET
Former congressman Jim Kolbe was appointed by President Barack Obama Wednesday to join the Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations.
Kolbe is currently the senior transatlantic fellow at the German Marshall Fund, an adjunct professor in the College of Business at the University of Arizona, and a consultant with McLarty Associates. Kolbe represented Arizona from 1985 to 2007. In 1996 he famously came out after voting in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act, which bans the federal government from recognizing the state-sanctioned marriages or partnerships of gay and lesbian couples.
Kolbe will be joined on the committee by cosmetic guru Bobbi Brown and New Jersey governor Chris Christie.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs 1 hour 31 min ago
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy 1 hour 34 min ago
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM