Obama Appoints Kolbe to Trade Group
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 16 2010 6:10 PM ET
Former congressman Jim Kolbe was appointed by President Barack Obama Wednesday to join the Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations.
Kolbe is currently the senior transatlantic fellow at the German Marshall Fund, an adjunct professor in the College of Business at the University of Arizona, and a consultant with McLarty Associates. Kolbe represented Arizona from 1985 to 2007. In 1996 he famously came out after voting in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act, which bans the federal government from recognizing the state-sanctioned marriages or partnerships of gay and lesbian couples.
Kolbe will be joined on the committee by cosmetic guru Bobbi Brown and New Jersey governor Chris Christie.
- Travel Vegas Top 5: The Best New Restaurants 3 min 10 sec ago
- Women WATCH: These Lesbians are 'Proud to Be Femme!' 26 min 24 sec ago
- Politics India's Sodomy Ban Incites 'Day of Rage' Among Activists 1 hour 32 min ago
- Activism Queers for Economic Justice Announces Closure 1 hour 35 min ago
- Entertainment News Johnny Weir Scrubs His Bio of Russian Government Work 2 hours 42 min ago
- Transgender HHS to Reevaluate Ban on Gender-Confirming Surgeries 2 hours 48 min ago
- Television WATCH: Ian McKellen Strolls Down Sesame Street 2:21 PM