Kidman in Tennessee Williams Revival
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 17 2010 1:25 PM ET
Academy Award-winning actress Nicole Kidman will return to Broadway as one of Tennessee Williams's most enduring heroines, reports The New York Times. The actress will headline a 2011 revival of Sweet Bird of Youth as Alexandra Del Lago, the faded, alcoholic movie star who becomes entangled with gigolo Chance Wayne.
Geraldine Page starred as Del Lago in the original 1959 Broadway production opposite Paul Newman as Chance, and both repeated their performances in the 1962 film.
The role of Chance has not yet been cast. Kidman last appeared on Broadway in the 1998 production of David Hare's The Blue Room.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 1 hour 10 min ago
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM