Gay Houston Mayor Gets High Marks
BY Julie Bolcer
September 20 2010 10:40 AM ET
A new poll indicates that a solid majority of Houston residents say that Mayor Annise Parker is doing a “good” or “excellent” job.
The Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund reported on the poll from 11 News/KUHF-Houston Public Radio.
“Fourteen percent of poll respondents rated Parker’s job performance as ‘excellent,’” reported the Victory Fund’s blog, GayPolitics.com. “Forty-two percent said she was doing a ‘good’ job. Twenty-seven percent described her performance as ‘fair,’ and just six percent said she was doing a ‘poor’ job.”
Parker was elected last December and made Houston the largest U.S. city to date to elect an openly gay mayor.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Disney Exec Named Head of GLSEN Board 31 min 12 sec ago
- Women Transgender High School Senior Skips His Graduation 31 min 23 sec ago
- Books Q&A Quickie: Justin Hernandez, from Gay Stripper to Naked Author 37 min 4 sec ago
- Women Todd Haynes To Direct Blanchett/Wasikowska in Patricia Highsmith Lesbian Potboiler 51 min 26 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Is 'Scared, Overwhelmed' By Potential Felony Sex Abuse Charges 1 hour 19 min ago
- World News Australia's Penny Wong Fights Homophobic Comments 1 hour 40 min ago
- Women Pretty Little Liars Adds Rumer Willis to Roster and Lands Teen Choice Nominations 1 hour 43 min ago