Gay Houston Mayor Gets High Marks
BY Julie Bolcer
September 20 2010 10:40 AM ET
A new poll indicates that a solid majority of Houston residents say that Mayor Annise Parker is doing a “good” or “excellent” job.
The Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund reported on the poll from 11 News/KUHF-Houston Public Radio.
“Fourteen percent of poll respondents rated Parker’s job performance as ‘excellent,’” reported the Victory Fund’s blog, GayPolitics.com. “Forty-two percent said she was doing a ‘good’ job. Twenty-seven percent described her performance as ‘fair,’ and just six percent said she was doing a ‘poor’ job.”
Parker was elected last December and made Houston the largest U.S. city to date to elect an openly gay mayor.
- Nintendo Will 'Fix' Bug That Allows Same-Sex Couples to Marry in Video Game
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go To Ex-Gay Camp
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Same-Sex Kiss in Comic Inspired by Real-World Controversy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television WATCH: Gay Character in Peril in New Teen Wolf Season 3 Trailer 20 min 3 sec ago
- Commentary Stop Acting Like I'm Dead Because I Have HIV 34 min 4 sec ago
- Entertainment News 'Turn Back Time' For Cher's Birthday 46 min 29 sec ago
- Women Texas Judge Says Lesbian Mom Can't Live With Partner and Keep Custody of Kids 51 min 47 sec ago
- Women Bullies in California Chop Off Teen Lesbian's Hair in Possible Hate Crime 52 min 52 sec ago
- Art Dept More Photos From Jesse Tyler Ferguson's Advocate Cover Shoot 1 hour 2 min ago
- Women AMC's Cult Fave The Killing Adds Scrappy Lesbian Character to its Roster 1 hour 8 min ago