Gay Houston Mayor Gets High Marks
BY Julie Bolcer
September 20 2010 10:40 AM ET
A new poll indicates that a solid majority of Houston residents say that Mayor Annise Parker is doing a “good” or “excellent” job.
The Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund reported on the poll from 11 News/KUHF-Houston Public Radio.
“Fourteen percent of poll respondents rated Parker’s job performance as ‘excellent,’” reported the Victory Fund’s blog, GayPolitics.com. “Forty-two percent said she was doing a ‘good’ job. Twenty-seven percent described her performance as ‘fair,’ and just six percent said she was doing a ‘poor’ job.”
Parker was elected last December and made Houston the largest U.S. city to date to elect an openly gay mayor.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen 1 hour 51 min ago
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 5:55 PM