Rosie on End of Fla. Adoption Ban
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 22 2010 11:25 PM ET
Rosie O'Donnell has had a lot to say about Florida's gay adoption ban
over the last several years, but when Gov. Charlie Crist announced
Wednesday the state would stop enforcing the ban, Rosie's statement was
short and to the point.
"After 33 years, it's about time," O'Donnell told The Advocate Wednesday.
The comedian and talk show host has spent much of her time since ending The Rosie O'Donnell Show in 2002 devoted to fighting the adoption ban. The mother of three adopted kids, in 2001, she and then partner Kelli O'Donnell attempted to adopt a foster child in Florida. The child, Mia, exhibited signs of past emotional abuse and was eventually removed from O'Donnell's care and enrolled at a treatment center.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment