Constance Movie Green-lit
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 9:30 PM ET
The inspiring story of Constance McMillen, a gay teen who fought to take a same-sex date to her Mississippi prom, is being turned into a television movie.
Deadline Hollywood reports that the film will air on ABC Family and will be produced by gay producing powerhouses Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Chicago, Hairspray). Ghost Whisperer creator John Gray will write the film's script and is expected to direct the movie as well.
Read more here.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- MICHAEL SAM CUT FROM RAMS ROSTER
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility