Constance Movie Green-lit
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 9:30 PM ET
The inspiring story of Constance McMillen, a gay teen who fought to take a same-sex date to her Mississippi prom, is being turned into a television movie.
Deadline Hollywood reports that the film will air on ABC Family and will be produced by gay producing powerhouses Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Chicago, Hairspray). Ghost Whisperer creator John Gray will write the film's script and is expected to direct the movie as well.
Read more here.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun