Constance Movie Green-lit
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 9:30 PM ET
The inspiring story of Constance McMillen, a gay teen who fought to take a same-sex date to her Mississippi prom, is being turned into a television movie.
Deadline Hollywood reports that the film will air on ABC Family and will be produced by gay producing powerhouses Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Chicago, Hairspray). Ghost Whisperer creator John Gray will write the film's script and is expected to direct the movie as well.
Read more here.
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- Colorado Springs Grindr Hookup Ends in Murder
- Black Trans Woman Ashley Diamond Released from Prison After 3 Years
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual