Constance Movie Green-lit
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 9:30 PM ET
The inspiring story of Constance McMillen, a gay teen who fought to take a same-sex date to her Mississippi prom, is being turned into a television movie.
Deadline Hollywood reports that the film will air on ABC Family and will be produced by gay producing powerhouses Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Chicago, Hairspray). Ghost Whisperer creator John Gray will write the film's script and is expected to direct the movie as well.
Read more here.
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- EXCLUSIVE: Jennifer Hudson Raises Her Voice for Marriage Equality
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban