Constance Movie Green-lit
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 9:30 PM ET
The inspiring story of Constance McMillen, a gay teen who fought to take a same-sex date to her Mississippi prom, is being turned into a television movie.
Deadline Hollywood reports that the film will air on ABC Family and will be produced by gay producing powerhouses Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Chicago, Hairspray). Ghost Whisperer creator John Gray will write the film's script and is expected to direct the movie as well.
Read more here.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers