Constance Movie Green-lit
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 9:30 PM ET
The inspiring story of Constance McMillen, a gay teen who fought to take a same-sex date to her Mississippi prom, is being turned into a television movie.
Deadline Hollywood reports that the film will air on ABC Family and will be produced by gay producing powerhouses Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Chicago, Hairspray). Ghost Whisperer creator John Gray will write the film's script and is expected to direct the movie as well.
Read more here.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?