Constance Movie Green-lit
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 9:30 PM ET
The inspiring story of Constance McMillen, a gay teen who fought to take a same-sex date to her Mississippi prom, is being turned into a television movie.
Deadline Hollywood reports that the film will air on ABC Family and will be produced by gay producing powerhouses Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Chicago, Hairspray). Ghost Whisperer creator John Gray will write the film's script and is expected to direct the movie as well.
Read more here.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Ben Carson Thinks President Can Ignore Courts on Marriage Equality
- POLL: Americans Prefer Gay President to Evangelical or Tea Partier