Ozzy Angry With Westboro
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 1:15 PM ET
Ozzy Osbourne is angry over Margie Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church infamy, using lyrics from his song "Crazy Train" after the Supreme Court hearing of Snyder v. Phelps.
Phelps sang a snippet from the rock anthem with her sister Shirley Phelps-Roper following a hearing of the case, in which the father of a deceased soldier is suing the founder and members of Westboro Baptist Church for protesting his son’s funeral.
Osbourne has released the following statement:
"The Osbournes are disgusted and appalled that WBC would use Ozzy's music to represent such hateful and despicable beliefs. We have absolutely no affiliation with the WBC and are deeply sorry to the Snyder family."
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over