Ozzy Angry With Westboro
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 1:15 PM ET
Ozzy Osbourne is angry over Margie Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church infamy, using lyrics from his song "Crazy Train" after the Supreme Court hearing of Snyder v. Phelps.
Phelps sang a snippet from the rock anthem with her sister Shirley Phelps-Roper following a hearing of the case, in which the father of a deceased soldier is suing the founder and members of Westboro Baptist Church for protesting his son’s funeral.
Osbourne has released the following statement:
"The Osbournes are disgusted and appalled that WBC would use Ozzy's music to represent such hateful and despicable beliefs. We have absolutely no affiliation with the WBC and are deeply sorry to the Snyder family."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- Yet Another Court Tells Bobby Jindal to Issue Marriage Licenses
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation