Ozzy Angry With Westboro
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 12:15 PM ET
Ozzy Osbourne is angry over Margie Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church infamy, using lyrics from his song "Crazy Train" after the Supreme Court hearing of Snyder v. Phelps.
Phelps sang a snippet from the rock anthem with her sister Shirley Phelps-Roper following a hearing of the case, in which the father of a deceased soldier is suing the founder and members of Westboro Baptist Church for protesting his son’s funeral.
Osbourne has released the following statement:
"The Osbournes are disgusted and appalled that WBC would use Ozzy's music to represent such hateful and despicable beliefs. We have absolutely no affiliation with the WBC and are deeply sorry to the Snyder family."
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role