Ozzy Angry With Westboro
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 12:15 PM ET
Ozzy Osbourne is angry over Margie Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church infamy, using lyrics from his song "Crazy Train" after the Supreme Court hearing of Snyder v. Phelps.
Phelps sang a snippet from the rock anthem with her sister Shirley Phelps-Roper following a hearing of the case, in which the father of a deceased soldier is suing the founder and members of Westboro Baptist Church for protesting his son’s funeral.
Osbourne has released the following statement:
"The Osbournes are disgusted and appalled that WBC would use Ozzy's music to represent such hateful and despicable beliefs. We have absolutely no affiliation with the WBC and are deeply sorry to the Snyder family."
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Outrage After Idaho Trans Woman Buried 'As a Man'
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas