Ozzy Angry With Westboro
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 1:15 PM ET
Ozzy Osbourne is angry over Margie Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church infamy, using lyrics from his song "Crazy Train" after the Supreme Court hearing of Snyder v. Phelps.
Phelps sang a snippet from the rock anthem with her sister Shirley Phelps-Roper following a hearing of the case, in which the father of a deceased soldier is suing the founder and members of Westboro Baptist Church for protesting his son’s funeral.
Osbourne has released the following statement:
"The Osbournes are disgusted and appalled that WBC would use Ozzy's music to represent such hateful and despicable beliefs. We have absolutely no affiliation with the WBC and are deeply sorry to the Snyder family."
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 21 min 21 sec ago
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop Dolan to NFL Hopeful Michael Sam: 'Bravo' UPDATED: March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM