Ozzy Angry With Westboro
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 1:15 PM ET
Ozzy Osbourne is angry over Margie Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church infamy, using lyrics from his song "Crazy Train" after the Supreme Court hearing of Snyder v. Phelps.
Phelps sang a snippet from the rock anthem with her sister Shirley Phelps-Roper following a hearing of the case, in which the father of a deceased soldier is suing the founder and members of Westboro Baptist Church for protesting his son’s funeral.
Osbourne has released the following statement:
"The Osbournes are disgusted and appalled that WBC would use Ozzy's music to represent such hateful and despicable beliefs. We have absolutely no affiliation with the WBC and are deeply sorry to the Snyder family."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship 8 min 57 sec ago
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked 25 min 9 sec ago
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 57 min 29 sec ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 1 hour 30 min ago
- Politics Puerto Rico House Approves Antidiscrimination Bill 1 hour 38 min ago
- Entertainment News Week in Geek: Star Trek Actor Gets Wet and Naked, Justice League, and More 2 hours 26 min ago
- Activism Multimedia Project Addresses LGBT Rights Among Palestinians 2 hours 51 min ago