Ozzy Angry With Westboro
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 1:15 PM ET
Ozzy Osbourne is angry over Margie Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church infamy, using lyrics from his song "Crazy Train" after the Supreme Court hearing of Snyder v. Phelps.
Phelps sang a snippet from the rock anthem with her sister Shirley Phelps-Roper following a hearing of the case, in which the father of a deceased soldier is suing the founder and members of Westboro Baptist Church for protesting his son’s funeral.
Osbourne has released the following statement:
"The Osbournes are disgusted and appalled that WBC would use Ozzy's music to represent such hateful and despicable beliefs. We have absolutely no affiliation with the WBC and are deeply sorry to the Snyder family."
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding