S.D. Gay Paper May Be on Last Legs
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 11 2010 9:05 PM ET
San Diego's 23-year-old Gay & Lesbian Times may have delivered its last edition.
NBCSanDiego.com reports that the newspaper has laid off its staff and shut its doors — a former employee indicated he received e-mails from staffers saying they had been let go.
The GLT typically comes out Thursdays, but it didn't arrive at distribution points last week; its website is still operating, though. The paper has been under investigation by the San Diego County district attorney's office for "overstating circulation figures and possible financial irregularities."
Click here for the full story.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 19 min 4 sec ago
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM