Walmart Sells "Ex-Gay" Kids Book
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 18 2010 1:10 PM ET
More than 100 Walmart stores are selling a book for kids and parents that suggests gay people can overcome “sin” and convert to heterosexuality with the help of counseling, according to Q Salt Lake.
Chased by an Elephant: The Gospel Truth About Today’s Stampeding Sexuality is written by Janice Barrett Graham, whose husband, Stephen, runs the antigay group Standard of Liberty.
In the book’s introduction Graham says she wrote the book to “help shed the clear light of truth on today’s dark and tangled ideas about male and female, proper gender roles, the law of chastity, and the God-given sexual appetite.”
Graham’s son Andrew claims he successfully changed his sexual orientation and is now a happily married man. In his book Captain of My Soul, Andrew Graham writes that he was “lured into same gender internet pornography during his high school years, and recruited into cursory homosexual experimentation with older men while at Brigham Young University.”
For the last two years, Walmart has scored just 40% on the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music WATCH: 'Guess What?' Cazwell's New Video Is Hot! 41 sec ago
- Entertainment News Watch: Fox News' Most Anti-Trans Comments 1 min 2 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Krave Massive Nightclub Opens in Las Vegas 13 min 49 sec ago
- Style Hairy Hose for Hairless Bros? 30 min 41 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality 1 hour 4 min ago
- Style WATCH: How to Dress For Summer 1 hour 9 min ago
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 1 hour 42 min ago