Listen: Gay Grandma Tells Love Story
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 25 2010 11:45 AM ET
StoryCorps, an oral history project that helps Americans
record stories about their lives, is holding its third annual National Day of Listening on Friday, November 26. And in honor of the day, The Huffington Post is
featuring StoryCorps pieces, including one in which MJ Seide talks with her
12-year-old granddaughter, Genna, about falling in love with her partner.
“When I fell in love with Mamamee, I knew that she was my
soul mate,” Seide explains. “Do you know what I mean by that?”
Listen to the incredible exchange here.
- Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship
- Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies
- Photos: Cuba Libre
- 25 Rare Photos of Jinkx Monsoon Before "Drag Superstardom"
- Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill
- WATCH: Transgender Woman Arrested for Exposing Breasts, Jailed With Men
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies 2 hours 45 min ago
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM