Kimpton Tops With Gay Travelers
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 27 2010 12:35 PM ET
Kimpton has pulled ahead of the W as the hotel group that does the best job of promoting itself to the gay and lesbian travel market, according to a new survey.
Of the more than 4,700 people surveyed by Community Marketing, 13% chose Kimpton. Starwood’s W chain came in second with 11%, trailed by Hilton, Hyatt, and Marriott, according to USA Today.
Kimpton and Starwood tied in 2009. In 2008, Starwood took top honors.
Community Marketing has been tracking the gay and lesbian travel business since 1992. Senior projects director David Paisley says Kimpton has clearly taken the lead in the gay and lesbian market.
"Of all the hotel brands, [Kimpton is] the most active in LGBT community," Paisley told USA Today. "They have a website, they sponsor tons of events and they advertise in gay and lesbian media. W is very active and well respected, but they did fall behind."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM