Video: Tackles Coming Out
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 05 2010 3:00 PM ET
A Friday episode of the ABC show What Would You Do? tackled a thorny and topical issue: Would you speak up if you saw a father verbally attacking his son in public for being gay?
In the show's opening scene, a young gay man at a cafe comes out to his father, who in turn lashes out and suggests his son undergo "ex-gay" therapy (both individuals are played by actors).
Though visibly bothered, patrons at an adjacent table do not interrupt.
The news show has previously featured teens bullying a gay kid, gay
parents, and a gay couple showing a public display of affection.
Watch the full video below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 49 min 50 sec ago
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 2 hours 53 min ago
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 8:27 AM
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 7:59 AM
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 4:34 AM
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM