Mother of Boy Who Committed Suicide Pleads: Stop Antigay Bullying
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 18 2010 3:40 PM ET
The mother of a 13-year-old boy who committed suicide after being taunted and teased for being gay has taken to YouTube to plead for schools to stop antigay bullying.
The video, released last week by the American Civil Liberties Union, shows Wendy Walsh reading her son Seth’s suicide note.
“Mom ... thank you for having me. It’s been a pleasure,” Walsh said, reading from the note. “I know this will bring you much pain, but I will hopefully be in a better place.”
The video ends with Wendy Walsh describing the day she found Seth hanging from a plum tree. Eight days later, doctors declared Seth brain-dead.
Watch the video here.
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini 1 hour 8 min ago
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame June 19 2013 6:51 PM
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail June 19 2013 6:20 PM