Palm Springs Police Chief Resigns
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 05 2011 8:10 PM ET
Palm Springs Police Chief David Dominguez resigned Wednesday after court documents revealed he’d made an antigay slur last year during a sting operation targeting gay men in the city’s Warm Sands neighborhood.
Nineteen men were arrested during the June, 2009 sting. Police alleged the sting was in response to complaints about drug use, public sex and prostitution, but it drew complaints from residents who said gay men were being unfairly targeted.
During a pre trial hearing, a defendant alleged Domingez could be heard making disparaging remarks against gay people on a video recording in an undercover vehicle.
“What a bunch of filthy mother fuckers,” he allegedly said. “You guys should get paid extra for this.
Read the full story here.
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Showtime to Air Kidnapped for Christ, Exposé of Antigay Reform School
- Op-ed: Why LGBT People Around the World Need Israel
- Which LGBT Icon Deserves a Biopic?
- How Major Crimes' Actor and Gay Showrunner Created One of Best Gay Characters on TV