Palm Springs Police Chief Resigns
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 05 2011 7:10 PM ET
Palm Springs Police Chief David Dominguez resigned Wednesday after court documents revealed he’d made an antigay slur last year during a sting operation targeting gay men in the city’s Warm Sands neighborhood.
Nineteen men were arrested during the June, 2009 sting. Police alleged the sting was in response to complaints about drug use, public sex and prostitution, but it drew complaints from residents who said gay men were being unfairly targeted.
During a pre trial hearing, a defendant alleged Domingez could be heard making disparaging remarks against gay people on a video recording in an undercover vehicle.
“What a bunch of filthy mother fuckers,” he allegedly said. “You guys should get paid extra for this.
Read the full story here.
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 2 hours 20 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM