Palm Springs Police Chief Resigns
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 05 2011 8:10 PM ET
Palm Springs Police Chief David Dominguez resigned Wednesday after court documents revealed he’d made an antigay slur last year during a sting operation targeting gay men in the city’s Warm Sands neighborhood.
Nineteen men were arrested during the June, 2009 sting. Police alleged the sting was in response to complaints about drug use, public sex and prostitution, but it drew complaints from residents who said gay men were being unfairly targeted.
During a pre trial hearing, a defendant alleged Domingez could be heard making disparaging remarks against gay people on a video recording in an undercover vehicle.
“What a bunch of filthy mother fuckers,” he allegedly said. “You guys should get paid extra for this.
Read the full story here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 52 min 13 sec ago
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM