Doritos Going Gay for Super Bowl?
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 24 2011 4:50 PM ET
UPDATE: The pair of gay-themed Doritos ads that made the rounds on the web
Monday won’t air during the Super Bowl, according to a spokesman for
Frito Lay. Read more here.
A bag of Doritos brings two nearly naked men in a sauna closer together in one of two gay-themed ads the company may air during the Super Bowl.
One ad features two men steaming in the sauna as one man seductively eyes the other’s crotch. In a second ad a man gazes across the fence at his two gay neighbors, who are sunning themselves and eating Doritos by the pool.
It has yet to be confirmed whether these two ads will run. Watch them here, and tell us in the comments section what you think of Doritos’ new ads.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- Modern-Day Martin Luthers Show Support for Ousted Gay Methodist Minister
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star