James Franco’s Teenage Sex Tape
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 24 2011 7:20 PM ET
James Franco filmed a sex tape when he was 19 years old, and he told Newsweek that when he watched himself, he thought he looked “horrible.”
"Anybody who has made a home sex tape knows what feels best doesn’t always look best," he said. "I remember when I was 19 doing that, and then watching it back and thinking, 'Oh, that looks horrible.' So you have a lot of respect for those actors in pornography, because they are really not just doing it, they’re really selling it! It’s the same thing with a kiss. It’s not just the kiss that feels best, it’s an image. Something different is happening if it’s a good kiss."
Franco talks about his sex tape as part of an Oscar roundtable discussion for Newsweek. In the same article Annette Bening and Colin Firth discuss playing gay on film, and Bening says pretending to be in love with Julianne Moore was “easy.”
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School