U.K. Drug Adviser Against Gay Lifestyle
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 24 2011 10:45 AM ET
A Christian doctor appointed to a U.K. drug advisory board last week has authored papers that link gay people to increased drug use, disease, and pedophilia.
Pink News reports on Hans-Christian Raabe, a Manchester doctor and member of the antigay Maranatha Community, for which he is medical coordinator of the Council for Health and Wholeness.
Raabe has written briefing documents for the council that call homosexuality “destructive” and link gay people to social ills.
One paper says, “The media and the gay movement portray the homosexual lifestyle as happy, healthy and fulfilled. However, the homosexual lifestyle is associated with a large number of very serious physical and emotional health consequences.”
Raabe also claimed that gay people only constituted one to three percent of the population.
The doctor defended his ability to separate his religious views from his role as a drug policy adviser, reports Pink News.
According to the Daily Mail, Raabe believes that “strong families” can help people defeat alcohol and other addictions.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 1 hour 14 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 2 hours 9 min ago
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 4:00 AM
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM