Wendie Malick vs. Susan Lucci
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 12 2011 2:50 AM ET
Fans of Hot in Cleveland remember season one’s finale in which Victoria Chase (Wendie Malick) finally won her long-overdue daytime Emmy, only to have it accepted in person by her arch nemesis, Susan Lucci.
Now, the two will face off in a crossover event. On February 16 and 23, Lucci and a few of her All My Children costars will appear hot in Cleveland to make Malick’s character’s life a living hell.
Then, on February 24, Victoria Chase books a gig on All My Children — appearing as Erica Kane’s maid.
Both actresses are major gay rights supporters. Malick just posed for the NoH8 campaign with her Cleveland costars Jane Leeves and Valerie Bertinelli, while Lucci told Oprah in an appearance on the talk show host's show last week that Erica Kane's daughter's coming out storyline on All My Children included some of the most important episodes she'd ever worked on.
The two actresses sat down with Advocate contributor Michael Fairman to discuss the crossover event, what the two really think of each other and why their fictional rivalry will never grow old.
Watch the video here.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Op-ed: The Slow Death of Gay Gathering Places May Be Aiding HIV