Trevor Project Exec. Director Resigns
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 13 2011 12:50 AM ET
The Executive Director of The Trevor Project has resigned from the suicide prevention and education non-profit effective last Friday. The Board has named an Interim Executive Director while conducting a national search for a replacement.
“The Trevor Project has worked to ensure a seamless transition, ensuring that the most important people we serve, LGBTQ youth in crisis, can continue to access our lifesaving resources,” David McFarland, Interim Executive Director, told The Advocate.
The Trevor Project released the following statement Tuesday evening:
The Trevor Project, the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ youth, announces Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, Charles Robbins resigned his post April 8, 2011. The organization appreciates Charles’ years of service and wishes him well in his future endeavors.
As the Board begins a national search for a replacement, Chair of the Board of Directors David McFarland has assumed the role of Executive Director on an interim basis. Board Vice Chair Ricky Strauss is the acting interim Chair of the Board. David has served in a national leadership capacity at a number of Fortune 100 corporations in the entertainment and financial management arenas, bringing extensive operational, creative and executive leadership experience to this interim role, along with experience as a Trevor Lifeline Counselor, Vice Chair of the Board and Chair of the Board. We are excited to engage his leadership through this transition period.
The Trevor Project Board of Directors and staff will continue the organization’s work to end suicide among LGBTQ youth by providing life-saving and life-affirming resources including our nationwide, 24/7 crisis intervention lifeline, digital community and advocacy/educational programs that create a safe, supportive and positive environment for everyone.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Gun Advocate Uses Gays To Make His Point 41 min 27 sec ago
- Music EXCLUSIVE: Audra McDonald's 'Some Days' 2 hours 17 min ago
- Travel A Handy, Color-Coded Map to Gay Europe 2 hours 31 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM