Aiken, Bass Attend Gay Prom
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 15 2011 7:35 PM ET
Clay Aiken and Lance Bass are among the out performers who'll guest-star on a ripped-from-the-headlines episode of the hit series Drop Dead Diva.
The Lifetime series about a vapid model reincarnated into the plus-size body of a savvy attorney (Brooke Elliott) will feature an episode inspired by the true story of Constance McMillen, the teenager denied access to her high school prom due to her sexual orientation.
Drop Dead Diva was created by Josh Berman, who executive produces with Alex Taub, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. The series costars Wanda Sykes and Margaret Cho. Aiken and Bass will make guest appearances in the prom episode, alongside the real-life McMillen.
The episode is scheduled to be broadcast July 10.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Show Your Pride With A Rainbow Filter For Your Facebook Profile Pic
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses