Parents Raise Genderless Child
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 26 2011 5:45 PM ET
A Canadian couple have decided not to disclose the gender of
their third child, Storm, because they say gender is unimportant when it
comes to getting to know a person.
Proud Toronto parents Kathy Witterick and David Stocker say there's nothing ambiguous about Storm's genitalia, but they just don't think gender is an important factor in defining their child.
"When the baby comes out, even the people who love you the most and know you so intimately, the first question they ask is, 'Is it a girl or boy?'" Witterick said to Parent Central. "If you really want to get to know someone, you don't ask what's between their legs."
According to the article, the only people who know Storm's gender are the two midwives who directed the delivery, and Storm's siblings, Jazz, 5, and Kio, 2.
Read the full article at Parent Central.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
- Martina Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 15 min 45 sec ago
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM