James Franco Honored by amfAR
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 31 2011 4:35 PM ET
Actor James Franco and designer Michael Kors will be honored by amfAR, the foundation for AIDS research, at its second annual Inspiration Gala New York, which will also feature musical performances by Jennifer Hudson and Liza Minnelli.
Franco will receive the Piaget Award of Inspiration for his humanitarian work and contributions to men’s style, while Kors will receive the amfAR Award of Courage for his stellar leadership in the fight against AIDS. “We are thrilled to continue our partnership with amfAR, and we are especially proud to honor James Franco, one of Hollywood’s most inspiring actors, with the Piaget Award of Inspiration for his commitment to the fight against AIDS,” Larry Boland, president of Piaget North America, says in a statement released to the press.
The event will take place June 14 at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City. It will include a fashion show and will benefit amfAR's research programs.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers