James Franco Honored by amfAR
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 31 2011 4:35 PM ET
Actor James Franco and designer Michael Kors will be honored by amfAR, the foundation for AIDS research, at its second annual Inspiration Gala New York, which will also feature musical performances by Jennifer Hudson and Liza Minnelli.
Franco will receive the Piaget Award of Inspiration for his humanitarian work and contributions to men’s style, while Kors will receive the amfAR Award of Courage for his stellar leadership in the fight against AIDS. “We are thrilled to continue our partnership with amfAR, and we are especially proud to honor James Franco, one of Hollywood’s most inspiring actors, with the Piaget Award of Inspiration for his commitment to the fight against AIDS,” Larry Boland, president of Piaget North America, says in a statement released to the press.
The event will take place June 14 at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City. It will include a fashion show and will benefit amfAR's research programs.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion