Stars to Kick Off Pride Month in L.A.
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 02 2011 2:50 PM ET
Los Angeles plans to kick off Gay Pride Month with a bang on Friday — an event on the City Hall lawn will feature Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Wanda Sykes, Alec Mapa, Dustin Lance Black, and Chad Griffin of the American Foundation for Equal Rights.
The event, open to the public, starts at 10 a.m. in the City Council chambers before moving to a party on the south lawn of City Hall. Friday's opening ceremonies are part of a month of LGBT-related events that include a parade through West Hollywood on June 12 starring grand marshal Johnny Weir. Click here for more information.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 30 min 34 sec ago
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini 1 hour 42 min ago
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame June 19 2013 6:51 PM