Chicago’s Boystown Becomes a Bit More Diverse
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
June 13 2011 5:05 PM ET
Chicago's trendy gay neighborhood Boystown has welcomed a few new residents: a mother deer and her two fawns, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
Chicago Animal Care and Control officials were informed of the unusual situation and said the animals would not be moved from their current habitat, behind an apartment complex in the middle of the city. The agency typically gets involved only when animals are injured or threatening.
While it is yet unknown if the deer will remain in the city, it appears the fawns will most likely have an atypical upbringing in more ways than one.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW 7:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM