Chicago’s Boystown Becomes a Bit More Diverse
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
June 13 2011 5:05 PM ET
Chicago's trendy gay neighborhood Boystown has welcomed a few new residents: a mother deer and her two fawns, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
Chicago Animal Care and Control officials were informed of the unusual situation and said the animals would not be moved from their current habitat, behind an apartment complex in the middle of the city. The agency typically gets involved only when animals are injured or threatening.
While it is yet unknown if the deer will remain in the city, it appears the fawns will most likely have an atypical upbringing in more ways than one.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: Brazilian Couples Get Married En Masse
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Says Pat Robertson
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher 41 min 11 sec ago
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts 1 hour 11 min ago
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex 2 hours 7 min ago
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study 2 hours 54 min ago
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 4:20 PM