Chicago’s Boystown Becomes a Bit More Diverse
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
June 13 2011 6:05 PM ET
Chicago's trendy gay neighborhood Boystown has welcomed a few new residents: a mother deer and her two fawns, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
Chicago Animal Care and Control officials were informed of the unusual situation and said the animals would not be moved from their current habitat, behind an apartment complex in the middle of the city. The agency typically gets involved only when animals are injured or threatening.
While it is yet unknown if the deer will remain in the city, it appears the fawns will most likely have an atypical upbringing in more ways than one.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens