Chicago’s Boystown Becomes a Bit More Diverse
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
June 13 2011 6:05 PM ET
Chicago's trendy gay neighborhood Boystown has welcomed a few new residents: a mother deer and her two fawns, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
Chicago Animal Care and Control officials were informed of the unusual situation and said the animals would not be moved from their current habitat, behind an apartment complex in the middle of the city. The agency typically gets involved only when animals are injured or threatening.
While it is yet unknown if the deer will remain in the city, it appears the fawns will most likely have an atypical upbringing in more ways than one.
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- One Book to Change Them All
- Oregon Marriage Ban Goes to Court Today, Without NOM's Defense
- Millennials Losing Their Religion, Keeping God
- God and the Gay Christian: Southern Baptist Leader Objects
- WATCH: Mayor's Antigay Remarks 'Crushing,' Says Fired Police Chief