Chicago’s Boystown Becomes a Bit More Diverse
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
June 13 2011 6:05 PM ET
Chicago's trendy gay neighborhood Boystown has welcomed a few new residents: a mother deer and her two fawns, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
Chicago Animal Care and Control officials were informed of the unusual situation and said the animals would not be moved from their current habitat, behind an apartment complex in the middle of the city. The agency typically gets involved only when animals are injured or threatening.
While it is yet unknown if the deer will remain in the city, it appears the fawns will most likely have an atypical upbringing in more ways than one.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law