Chicago’s Boystown Becomes a Bit More Diverse
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
June 13 2011 6:05 PM ET
Chicago's trendy gay neighborhood Boystown has welcomed a few new residents: a mother deer and her two fawns, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
Chicago Animal Care and Control officials were informed of the unusual situation and said the animals would not be moved from their current habitat, behind an apartment complex in the middle of the city. The agency typically gets involved only when animals are injured or threatening.
While it is yet unknown if the deer will remain in the city, it appears the fawns will most likely have an atypical upbringing in more ways than one.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses