Chicago’s Boystown Becomes a Bit More Diverse
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
June 13 2011 6:05 PM ET
Chicago's trendy gay neighborhood Boystown has welcomed a few new residents: a mother deer and her two fawns, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
Chicago Animal Care and Control officials were informed of the unusual situation and said the animals would not be moved from their current habitat, behind an apartment complex in the middle of the city. The agency typically gets involved only when animals are injured or threatening.
While it is yet unknown if the deer will remain in the city, it appears the fawns will most likely have an atypical upbringing in more ways than one.
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Couple Plead Guilty to Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- Dallas Airport Attacker Unlikely to Face Hate Crime Charges
- The LGBT Films of AFI Fest 2014