Preparing for N.Y. Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2011 3:25 PM ET
New York is readying new gender-neutral marriage forms in the event that the state’s Senate passes a marriage equality measure.
According to The Wall Street Journal, New York’s city clerk, Michael McSweeney, is putting finishing touches on new marriage license applications that will give soon-to-be-weds the option of being listed as a bride, a groom, or a spouse.
Should the measure pass, McSweeney says the forms will be sent to the printer on a rush order to ensure that they’re available when the state is ready to begin issuing them to same-sex couples.
Read the article here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 53 min 1 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM