NYC Sets Sunday Office Hours for Gay Couples
July 07 2011 7:35 AM ET
New York City offices will be open Sunday, July 24, so gay couples can wed on the day the state’s marriage equality law takes effect.
The New York Times reports that the city clerk’s offices in all five boroughs will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. that day and that judges will be available to officiate ceremonies.
“Opening on the first day we could, it makes it a special and really memorable moment for those couples and also for our city,” City Council speaker Christine Quinn told the Times in a phone interview. (Read the story here.)
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View