Denis O'Hare Ties The Knot in New York
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 28 2011 7:55 PM ET
Actor Denis O'Hare announced his marriage to his longtime partner, interior designer Hugo Redwood, via Twitter, saying,"Okay. It happened. Hugo and I just got married." The two men were married earlier today in New York.
Last year O'Hare spoke to The Advocate about his partner. "Hugo and I
have a pretty fantastic relationship," he said. "We definitely have our
frictions here and there, but we get along really, really well. At 10
years we have a great amount of mutual respect for each other, so we
rarely descend into any kind of disrespectful sniping."
O'Hare won a 2003 Tony Award for his performance in the gay-themed baseball drama Take Me Out and last year riveted television viewers as Russell Edgington, vampire king of Mississippi, on HBO's True Blood. He'll soon be seen in American Horror Story, FX's highly anticipated supernatural drama series from Ryan Murphy that will costar Jessica Lange and Connie Britton.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile 26 min 32 sec ago
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered 39 min 32 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality 1 hour 10 sec ago
- Youth BREAKING: Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth 1 hour 19 min ago
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva 1 hour 26 min ago
- Entertainment News Debbie Reynolds: 'We All Knew He Was Gay' 1 hour 50 min ago
- World News Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship 2 hours 5 min ago