Joy Behar: Spousal Equivalent Is So 2010
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 07 2011 6:25 PM ET
Equality advocate Joy Behar says she married Steve Janowitz because "Now that gay marriage is legal in New York, 'spousal equivalents' is so 2010."
Behar, an outspoken LGBT ally both on her eponymous show on HLN and as a cohost of ABC's The View, took some good-natured ribbing from the talk show's other hosts, such as Whoopi Goldberg, about tying the knot with her boyfriend of 29 years. She then read a list to clear up any confusion about her decision.
Here are Behar's Top 10 reasons she decided to finally get married,
10. Steve tired of holding his stomach in every time he gets undressed.
9. Joy doesn’t want her grandchild asking “Is Nana a putana?”
8. Now that gay marriage is legal in NY, “spousal equivalents” is so 2010.
7. They need a good excuse to go off their diets for a night.
6. Joy embarrassed asking about senior discounts for her “boyfriend.”
5. Steve tired of being referred to as “that old guy” by Joy’s relatives.
4. Joy promised to not play iPad Scrabble in bed on their wedding night.
3. Sick of Barbara Walters bugging her.
2. A career move, Joy hoping to get on the cover of Bride's Magazine AARP edition.
1. Joy expecting twins.
Watch video of The View below.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW 2 hours 50 min ago
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM