Joy Behar: Spousal Equivalent Is So 2010
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 07 2011 7:25 PM ET
Equality advocate Joy Behar says she married Steve Janowitz because "Now that gay marriage is legal in New York, 'spousal equivalents' is so 2010."
Behar, an outspoken LGBT ally both on her eponymous show on HLN and as a cohost of ABC's The View, took some good-natured ribbing from the talk show's other hosts, such as Whoopi Goldberg, about tying the knot with her boyfriend of 29 years. She then read a list to clear up any confusion about her decision.
Here are Behar's Top 10 reasons she decided to finally get married,
10. Steve tired of holding his stomach in every time he gets undressed.
9. Joy doesn’t want her grandchild asking “Is Nana a putana?”
8. Now that gay marriage is legal in NY, “spousal equivalents” is so 2010.
7. They need a good excuse to go off their diets for a night.
6. Joy embarrassed asking about senior discounts for her “boyfriend.”
5. Steve tired of being referred to as “that old guy” by Joy’s relatives.
4. Joy promised to not play iPad Scrabble in bed on their wedding night.
3. Sick of Barbara Walters bugging her.
2. A career move, Joy hoping to get on the cover of Bride's Magazine AARP edition.
1. Joy expecting twins.
Watch video of The View below.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
- PHOTOS: New Yorkers Combat Violence With Protest
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader 1 hour 44 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? 1 hour 48 min ago
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! 8:29 PM
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. 8:25 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 8:00 PM
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 6:34 PM