Foo Fighters Sing About Tolerance Before Westboro Protesters
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 19 2011 8:40 PM ET
The Foo Fighters warmed up for a concert in Kansas City, Missouri last Friday by performing on a rolling rig before a group of Westboro Baptist Church picketers, who at first seemed unaware of the band was making fun of them, reports Huffington Post.
Members of the hate-spewing Westboro congregation were picketing before a concert of the band, led by Dave Grohl, which recently released a very NSFW homoerotic video for their faux-country song "Keep It Clean (Hot Buns)."
The band, long noted for its playful sensibility, dressed in the redneck truckers costumes from their video, rolled on to the street across from the protesters and began to perform the song on the back of a rig adorned with U.S. flags. The Fred Phelps followers seem to think a group of unanticipated allies have arrived until they hear lyrics such as "I'm in the mood for hot man-muffin."
Their confusion ended when during a break in the song, Grohl announced, "God Bless America! It takes all kinds. I don't care if you're black or white or purple or green, whether you're Pennsylvanian or Transylvanian, Lady Gaga or Lady Antebellum. Men loving women and women loving men and men loving men and women loving women — you all know we like to watch that. But what I'd like to say is, God Bless America, y'all!"
Watch the video below.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Martina Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law
- President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame June 19 2013 6:51 PM