Foo Fighters Sing About Tolerance Before Westboro Protesters
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 19 2011 8:40 PM ET
The Foo Fighters warmed up for a concert in Kansas City, Missouri last Friday by performing on a rolling rig before a group of Westboro Baptist Church picketers, who at first seemed unaware of the band was making fun of them, reports Huffington Post.
Members of the hate-spewing Westboro congregation were picketing before a concert of the band, led by Dave Grohl, which recently released a very NSFW homoerotic video for their faux-country song "Keep It Clean (Hot Buns)."
The band, long noted for its playful sensibility, dressed in the redneck truckers costumes from their video, rolled on to the street across from the protesters and began to perform the song on the back of a rig adorned with U.S. flags. The Fred Phelps followers seem to think a group of unanticipated allies have arrived until they hear lyrics such as "I'm in the mood for hot man-muffin."
Their confusion ended when during a break in the song, Grohl announced, "God Bless America! It takes all kinds. I don't care if you're black or white or purple or green, whether you're Pennsylvanian or Transylvanian, Lady Gaga or Lady Antebellum. Men loving women and women loving men and men loving men and women loving women — you all know we like to watch that. But what I'd like to say is, God Bless America, y'all!"
Watch the video below.
- Commentary Op-ed: The Policies Keeping Trans People From Military Service 2 hours 29 min ago
- Politics A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade 3:00 AM
- Love and Sex WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video 2:19 AM
- Religion LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades 2:10 AM
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade March 16 2014 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? March 16 2014 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? March 16 2014 1:12 PM