Explains How Michele and Marcus Bachmann Met
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 25 2011 6:02 PM ET
In the real story of how Michele and Marcus Bachmann met, they were college students at Winona State University in Minnesota volunteering at an elementary school, where they watched kids during recess.
Then they both volunteered for Jimmy Carter's presidential campaign (saying the Democratic Party used to be more aligned with their Christian beliefs). And they even attended Carter's inaugural ball together.
Marcus Bachmann proposed the day after Valentine's Day and the couple was married in 1978.
But Saturday Night Live offered a different version of that first meeting during a parody of a GOP debate as part of its season opener. Watch the video below. Apparently, Marcus Bachmann tried to play hard to get — or something.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Michigan AG Asks Supreme Court To Skip Ruling on Marriage Equality
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'