Explains How Michele and Marcus Bachmann Met
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 25 2011 7:02 PM ET
In the real story of how Michele and Marcus Bachmann met, they were college students at Winona State University in Minnesota volunteering at an elementary school, where they watched kids during recess.
Then they both volunteered for Jimmy Carter's presidential campaign (saying the Democratic Party used to be more aligned with their Christian beliefs). And they even attended Carter's inaugural ball together.
Marcus Bachmann proposed the day after Valentine's Day and the couple was married in 1978.
But Saturday Night Live offered a different version of that first meeting during a parody of a GOP debate as part of its season opener. Watch the video below. Apparently, Marcus Bachmann tried to play hard to get — or something.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Op-ed: Slut-Shaming Is a Cause of HIV