Explains How Michele and Marcus Bachmann Met
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 25 2011 6:02 PM ET
In the real story of how Michele and Marcus Bachmann met, they were college students at Winona State University in Minnesota volunteering at an elementary school, where they watched kids during recess.
Then they both volunteered for Jimmy Carter's presidential campaign (saying the Democratic Party used to be more aligned with their Christian beliefs). And they even attended Carter's inaugural ball together.
Marcus Bachmann proposed the day after Valentine's Day and the couple was married in 1978.
But Saturday Night Live offered a different version of that first meeting during a parody of a GOP debate as part of its season opener. Watch the video below. Apparently, Marcus Bachmann tried to play hard to get — or something.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor
- WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon Like This
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM
- Business America's Best Places to Work, According to HRC December 09 2013 3:49 PM