Explains How Michele and Marcus Bachmann Met
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 25 2011 7:02 PM ET
In the real story of how Michele and Marcus Bachmann met, they were college students at Winona State University in Minnesota volunteering at an elementary school, where they watched kids during recess.
Then they both volunteered for Jimmy Carter's presidential campaign (saying the Democratic Party used to be more aligned with their Christian beliefs). And they even attended Carter's inaugural ball together.
Marcus Bachmann proposed the day after Valentine's Day and the couple was married in 1978.
But Saturday Night Live offered a different version of that first meeting during a parody of a GOP debate as part of its season opener. Watch the video below. Apparently, Marcus Bachmann tried to play hard to get — or something.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Giants Pitcher Jeremy Affeldt Shares His Evolution on Homophobia
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel WATCH: Flash Mob Gay Marriage Proposal in Central Park 2 min 48 sec ago
- Women Cannes is Abuzz About Blue is the Warmest Color's Explicit Lesbian Sex Scenes 24 min 41 sec ago
- Sports Giants Pitcher Jeremy Affeldt Shares His Evolution on Homophobia 51 min 55 sec ago
- Youth Disney Exec Named Head of GLSEN Board 1 hour 48 min ago
- Transgender Transgender High School Senior Skips His Graduation 1 hour 48 min ago
- Books Q&A Quickie: Justin Hernandez, from Gay Stripper to Naked Author 1 hour 54 min ago
- Women Todd Haynes To Direct Blanchett/Wasikowska in Patricia Highsmith Lesbian Potboiler 2 hours 8 min ago