Explains How Michele and Marcus Bachmann Met
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 25 2011 7:02 PM ET
In the real story of how Michele and Marcus Bachmann met, they were college students at Winona State University in Minnesota volunteering at an elementary school, where they watched kids during recess.
Then they both volunteered for Jimmy Carter's presidential campaign (saying the Democratic Party used to be more aligned with their Christian beliefs). And they even attended Carter's inaugural ball together.
Marcus Bachmann proposed the day after Valentine's Day and the couple was married in 1978.
But Saturday Night Live offered a different version of that first meeting during a parody of a GOP debate as part of its season opener. Watch the video below. Apparently, Marcus Bachmann tried to play hard to get — or something.
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- BREAKING: Supreme Court: Kentucky Clerk Must Issue Marriage Licenses
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- Black Trans Woman Ashley Diamond Released from Prison After 3 Years