Obama Makes West Hollywood Fund-raising Stop
BY Lucas Grindley
September 27 2011 3:18 PM ET
President Obama was serenaded by the Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles and heckled by a religious protester all in the same night.
“Jesus Christ is God, Barack Obama is the Antichrist!" screamed the man as he was hauled away from the event, according to a pool report.
But that didn't stop the campaign fund-raiser at the House of Blues from continuing. Gay actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson of ABC's Modern Family played host for the event and introduced the president to the West Hollywood crowd.
“The end of ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ is the signature achievement of our time," Ferguson reportedly told the fired-up audience before Obama arrived to make his case for a jobs bill while promising more work to be done.
Also in attendance were California lieutenant governor Gavin Newsom and West Hollywood mayor John Duran. More photos are on the following pages.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 1 hour 44 min ago
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM