Herman Cain Explains Gay-As-Personal-Choice Views (Again)
October 20 2011 12:09 PM ET
Weeks after he went toe-to-toe with The View's Joy Behar on the issue, presidential candidate Herman Cain again asserted on-air that being gay is a choice.
"Although people don't agree with me, I happen to think that it is a personal choice," Cain told CNN’s Piers Morgan on Wednesday night.
Cain dismissed a comparison between sexual orientation and race from Morgan, saying that he “was born black” and that race "doesn't wash off."
Earlier this month, Cain told Behar on The View, "Well, you show me the science that says that it's not [a choice], and I could be persuaded," he said. "Right now it's my opinion against the opinion of others who feel differently." (Read more on Morgan’s interview with Cain here.)
Cain has opposed a federal marriage amendment, though he has described himself as “pro-traditional marriage" and opposes open service by gays and lesbians in the military.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader 52 min 29 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? 56 min 52 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! 2 hours 27 min ago
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. 2 hours 31 min ago
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 2 hours 53 min ago
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 2 hours 56 min ago
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 6:34 PM